Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: jnr/mid
Type: Three Months Fixed TermContract/Permanent
Company: Kruger Shalati
• CHEF ASSISTANT ( Commis Chef , Demi Chef)
• HEAD CHEF OR SOUS CHEF
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB
• The job incumbent is responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing meals in conjunction with Kitchen staff for restaurant, banqueting, or any other food outlet area.
• Mise-en-place and all dishes, sauces, vegetables, etc. are cooked and prepared to the correct recipe and correct quantity in a fast, efficient sequence according to order or requirements. All dishes reach the hot plate or pass correctly garnished, the correct portion size, presented on the prescribed serving dish and in the prescribed manner.
• All food is prepared hygienically and to the highest standard of quality and presentation with a minimum of wastage.
• All food stocks, prepared foods and leftovers are kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
• All work areas and surfaces, cooking utensils and ancillary areas e.g. fridges, stores, wash-up, etc. are cleaned to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and that a ‘clean as you go” discipline is adhered to.
• Strict hygiene practices are adhered to in dress and work habits and high levels of personal cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
• Other members of STAFF are dealt with politely and helpfully at all times
• Instructions from Management are treated constructively and acted upon.
• Guest’s are greeted in a polite and friendly manner.
• Guest needs and requirements are anticipated and acted upon as soon as possible and guest enquiries and requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Requests outside area of authority are referred immediately to an appropriate person and requests ac followed through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• The job incumbent will be required to perform similar such duties or tasks in any area of the Company as may be designated by Management from time to time.
• The job incumbent will be required to attend training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of own knowledge and skills.
• The job incumbent will be required, at all times, to maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and ensure that dress and attire meet with the Company’s Standards and do not detract from the desired image of the Company.
• The job incumbent will, at all times, be required to render the highest level of courtesy, and service to guests even where such service may fall beyond the incumbent’s main duties or scope of this position.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries.