Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: jnr/mid
Type: Three months fixed term contract/Permanent
Company: Kruger Shalati
• CHEF DE PARTIE
• FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• 1st LINE – SOUS CHEF | 2nd line – EXECUTIVE CHEF
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB
• The job incumbent is responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing meals in conjunction with Kitchen staff for restaurant, banqueting, staff canteen or any other food outlet area. Assists in the management of the kitchen.
• Plan menus and estimate food and labour costs in consultation with the head chef
• implement staff rosters and supervise the activities of cooks and assistants
• discuss food preparation issues with managers, dieticians and other staff members
• requisition food, kitchen supplies and equipment
• demonstrate techniques to cooks and advise on cooking procedures
• prepare and cook food
• portion food; add gravies, sauces and garnishes
• explain and enforce hygiene regulations
• select and train staff
• freeze and preserve foods.
• Essential information required by the organisation is accurately communicated to the appropriate personnel and any differences of opinion with other members of staff are dealt with in a manner that maintains goodwill and respect and avoid offence and conflict
• Management is kept informed in an appropriate level of detail about activities, priorities and results and information and advice on matters within allocated area of responsibility is sought from Management when necessary.
• Instructions from Management are treated constructively and acted upon.
• Guest needs and requirements are anticipated and acted upon as soon as possible and GUEST enquiries and requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Requests outside area of authority are referred immediately to an appropriate person and requests ac followed through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Dissatisfied guest are acknowledged immediately and attended to without delay. The guest is assured that the complaint will receive immediate attention and such complaints are resolved within the individual’s ability or are referred to the appropriate person. Complaints are followed up where appropriate to ensure satisfactory action is taken.
• Guest satisfaction survey is analysed and dealt with promptly. Wherever possible guest complaints are followed up telephonically and necessary measures taken to apologise and counter the complaint. Follow up report is submitted to management.
• The job incumbent will at all times maintain the administration systems and procedures as per company standards.
• A high level of personal cleanliness
• An interest in cooking
• Ability to organise efficient work schedules and work under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Flexibility to perform shift work on a 24-hour rotating roster as required
• Ability to maintain control and composure in difficult situations
• Ensure that parking is organized and disciplined
• Maintain good staff relations, ensuring fair and equitable discipline
• Investigate and action the causes of staff grievances
• Complete all administrative requirements correctly and timeously
• Be fully conversant with statutory requirements regarding catering and club operations and timeously obtain all necessary Licenses
• Book any bands, discos and other entertainment as required
• Circulate regularly in both front and back areas of the club, maintaining a high profile with members and staff
• Report to the committee any aggressive or improper behaviour by members
• Prepare and submit, on the required format, all information required for budgeting purposes.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries.