Remuneration: negotiable Basic salary
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: jnr
Type: Three Months Fixed term contract/Permanent
Company: Kruger Shalati
A new and unique food emporium the Kruger Station in Skukuza is seeking a kitchen/scullery assistant. If you are a self-starter who can work as part of a team and also independently, and if you are excited about working in one of the world’s most iconic national parks – this could be your dream job.
The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. The product is anticipated to be a busy F&B and require a competent person who can make sure the flow of ‘behind the scene’ cleaning moves at a steady pace.
Duties (included but not limited to)
* Operate a dishwasher.
* Wash glassware and other implements by hand when necessary.
* Empty, clean, and secure all trash receptacles.
* Clean any machines used in making daily requirements, such as coffee, milkshakes, tea.
* Clean dish storage.
* Follow sanitation policies at all times.
* Provide assistance to the cook or other kitchen staff as needed.
* Clean up spills or broken glassware immediately and safely.
* Report any sanitation or janitorial issues to café manager.
Previous kitchen and scullery experience advantageous
Be pleasant and outgoing.
Ability to anticipate needs by kitchen or wait staff.
Willingness to work in a hot, humid environment and be on your feet for 8- hour shirts.
Exceptional verbal communication skills
Detail oriented and meticulous
A quick learner
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries.