Job Level: Middle-level
Department: Service and Retail department
Reports To (Direct): Operations Manager in line with the Restaurant Manager
Report To (Indirect): Operations General manager
Hours of work: 45 hours per week or as required or as the business requires
Contract: 3 Months fixed term contract, with chance of renewal or a permanent offer may be made.
Job Purpose: Oversee a team of staff members within a retail store. Responsible for ensuring that financial objectives are met and that all aspects of the store are running smoothly at all times.
- Manage retail staff, among which includes people working on the floor, and the cashiers`
- Make sure pricing is correct
- Work and update on store displays
- Attend trade shows in order to identify new services and products
- Evaluate self-on-the-job performance, as well as other staff
- Identify market trends that appeal to customers
- Ensure products are clean and ready to be displayed
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock
- Analyse financial statements in order to enhance profit making opportunities
- Ensure promotions are accurate and in tune with company’s standard
- Utilize computers to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
- Monitor local competitors
- Ensure that hours of operation are in compliance with local laws
- Maintain health and safety measures and store’s cleanliness
- Organize and distribute staff schedules
- Preside over staff meetings within own department
- Help, drive, motivate, and encourage retail sales staff to achieve sales targets
- Handle customer complaints, issues and questions.
- Work Environment
- Office and food, beverage Restaurant service areas, areas outside of offices and food, beverage Restaurant might be included.
- Exposure rate to physical or mental risk
- Physical: Medium/High
- Mental: Medium
This job description is subject to change as the needs of the organisation, policies, processes and standards are changed, updated and improved over time.
|Dimension||Job Requirements (Essential Level)||Job Requirements (Desired Level)|
|Thinking Ability||§ Ability to interpret and implement operational direction for the Food and Beverage Restaurant function to support organisational aims
§ Ability to anticipate guest needs
§ High levels of verbal ability
§ Ability to correctly communicate detailed information and instruction to others
|Academic Qualifications and Background||§ Matric
§ Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate or equivalent required
§ Previous work experience as a retail supervisor or other front line store experience.
§ Driver’s license with own transport
|Languages||§ Ability to effectively communicate with others in English, in written and verbal form.||§ Ability to effectively communicate with others in an official language|
|Work Experience||§ Telephone etiquette, Friendliness
§ Customer service experience.
§ Knowledge of basic food and beverage operations and product and retail knowledge.
|Job technical Skills||§ Experienced in overseeing and directing a small team
§ Experienced in motivating and guiding team members
§ Proficiency in Microsoft office applications at intermediate level
|§ Competent in the use of digital communication tools
§ Competent in the use of computer system and Point of sale
|Personal Qualities||§ Committed to providing exceptional levels of service to others and models these skills
§ Demonstrates exceptional levels of integrity, fairness and empathy
§ Ability to work effectively when under pressure
§ Emotionally stable, even tempered and calm when faced with challenges
§ Maintains positive outlook in most challenging situations and circumstances
§ Demonstrates high levels of resilience in demanding environments
§ Ability to establish strong relationships with people from different backgrounds
§ Attention to detail
|Business Values||§ Embraces, supports and models organisational values and culture|
|Physical Abilities||§ Ability to work standing for extended hours||§ Physically fit
§ High levels of physical endurance
§ Sensitive to visual, auditory, taste, smell and touch signals
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Station reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries.